Breaking News

Clip Amputee World Jana Preview :

Acting Role Where Anita Hollander Offered to Lose Her Leg in the Second Act (Part5)
I said, "This is great!" And I said, "Do you want me to take my leg off in the second half of the reading?" (It was staged reading.) And there was silence - total silence on the phone line. And I thought, "Oh, what did I do, what did I do?" I said, "Are you guys, okay?" And they said, "You know what, can we get back to you, can we just call you back in a few minutes?" Then, they hung up and I thought, "Oh, what did I do?" And they called me back a few minutes later and said, "Anita we didn't know you had one leg. We just knew that your voice was the voice we remembered as the perfect voice. You've got this big bold voice. We loved your voice, then. We would like to have it now. And we had no idea that you had one leg. And we hope you're not offended, because that's not why we called you."

And I said, "Are you kidding? How many roles are actually that perfect for me to have two legs in the first act, and one leg in the second, and to sing and to act?" I said, "You couldn't have given me a greater compliment." And then, I did the reading down in Maryland. And then, they chose the piece to do at the Olney Theatre - also in Maryland - about a year after that. And the funny thing was they made me audition again for the role...


Stop